Published: Wednesday, 07 November 2018 12:21
The Chief Executive Officer of FOCUS 1000, Mr. Mohammad Bailor Jalloh has been elected as the Chairman for the Sierra Leone Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCM) Committee.
The CCM in each country submits funding applications to the Global Fund on behalf of the entire country. The Committee include representatives from government, the private sector, technical partners, civil society and communities living with the diseases. The Committee is a key element of the Global Fund partnership.
The Country Coordinating Mechanism:
• Coordinates the development of the national request for funding
• Nominates the Principal Recipient
• Oversees the implementation of approved grants
• Approves any reprogramming requests
• Ensures linkages and consistency between Global Fund grants and other national health and development programs
The Country Coordinating Mechanism includes representatives of all sectors involved in the response to the diseases: multilateral or bilateral agencies, nongovernmental organizations, academic institutions, faith-based organization, the private sector and – especially – people living with the diseases.
Kindly join the FOCUS 1000 Family in wishing our CEO all the best as he continues to serve humanity.
To know more about the CCM click here..